The Gardens at HCP is delighted to host the Greater Victoria Shakespeare Festival for their 2021 production: Cymbeline!
“A father cruel, and a step-dame false….”
When Imogen’s father – Cymbeline, King of Britain – wrongfully banishes her soulmate, the princess must embark on a near mythic quest to prove her fidelity, escape her stepparent’s dastardly plot, and reclaim her love. Here, the improbable becomes probable as kind strangers, dastardly villains, mysterious potions, mistaken identity, long-lost princes, and the clashing of armies pave the high road to reunion, forgiveness, and for some, Happily Ever After.
Tickets for the festival are now SOLD OUT! Depending on provincial health orders after July 1, we may be allowed to increase the number of tickets for each performance. If this is the case, Greater Victoria Shakespeare Festival will announce it through their mailing list and social media.
In addition to these ticketed performances, we are hosting two PREVIEW performances on Thursday, July 1st and Friday, July 2nd at 4:00pm. These preview performances cannot be booked in advance; admission is first-come, first-served and is included in the garden admission fee.
How to attend a free preview performance:
- Arrive at The Gardens at HCP, pay admission to the gardens, and ask for a free ticket at the office window between 3:00-3:30pm on July 1st or 2nd, 2021.
- You are welcome to arrive early and wander the gardens, but you cannot get a preview ticket until 3:00pm.
- Once you receive a ticket, you can continue enjoying the gardens, use the washroom, and make your way down to the Great Lawn between 3:30-3:45pm.
- As you’re finding a spot on the lawn, please maintain 2m distance from other groups. The maximum number of people sitting together is 6 people including children and babies.
- The show will begin at 4:00pm and run until 5:15-5:30pm. Please stay seated until the end of the show.
- You are welcome to bring your own chairs, blankets, and cushions. Folding chairs will be available.
- You may bring food or a picnic, but please do not share outside your bubble. Alcohol and glass are not permitted.
After the show, you are welcome to enjoy the gardens until 8:00pm.
Thank you and see you soon!