Plant Sale Hours
Every day – 9:00am – 4:00pm
- We have a permanent plant sale area fully stocked from May until late October ( situated below the pavilion). Members always receive a 10% discount.
- What makes our sale area so popular is the variety of unique and unusual plants we sell.
- Most are propagated in house by our volunteers, some also come from plants they grow in their own gardens.
- We propagate from cuttings, division and seed.
- You do not have to pay admission to the gardens to shop the sale area, just stop at admissions to let them know.
- All proceeds go back into the maintenance and development of the garden.
- Our Hardy Fuchsias are propagated from plants in the garden (and a few from volunteers mother plants) and are one of our best sellers.
Spring Plant Sale
April 29-30 – 9:00am – 4:00pm
- This is our first big fundraiser of the year, an availability list will be online closer to the sale dates.
- Admission to the gardens is always free during plant sales, so please take the time to walk around and explore.
- Depending on the weather, some plants may not be ready to sell during our spring sale, but not to worry our sale area is always open (during garden hours) so check back often as stock gets added weekly.
- Victoria Master Gardeners, HCP staff, volunteers and PHC students are on site as well to answer your gardening questions and help you choose the right plant for your garden.
- If you don’t see a plant that you are looking for just ask as we may have it in our polyhouses.
- As with all sales, come early for best selection.
- All proceeds go back into the gardens, so thank you for your support!
May 20 – 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Traditionally the long-weekend in May is the time to plant your vegetable garden!
- We sell veggie, herb and edible flower starts.
- Our tomato starts are grown from West Coast Seeds and are started by our students in late February in the polyhouse. They are sold in 4’’ pots where they develop a strong root system.
- Quantities are limited, so come in early for best selection.
Fall Plant Sale September
September 22 -HCP (members and volunteers only)
September 23-open to all
Save the dates! Friday, September 22 for HCP Members and volunteers only. The sale will be open to the public on Saturday, September 23. The sale will be 9:00am – 4:00pm daily.
- Fall is the perfect time for planting, the soil is still warm and the fall rains are on the way!
- All plants are reduced by 25% and the ever popular bargain bin will have plants at a 50% discount(what I refer to as ‘pot bound specials’, plants that just need to get out of the pot to thrive) Victoria Master Gardeners, HCP staff, volunteers and PHC students are on site as well to answer your gardening questions and help you choose the right plant for your garden.
- The plant availability list will be available on the website prior to the sale.