Plant Sale Hours
Every day – 10:00am – 4:00pm
- We have a permanent plant sale area fully stocked from May until late October ( situated below the pavilion). Members always receive a 10% discount.
- What makes our sale area so popular is the variety of unique and unusual plants we sell.
- Most are propagated in house by our volunteers, some also come from plants they grow in their own gardens.
- We propagate from cuttings, division and seed.
- You do not have to pay admission to the gardens to shop the sale area, just stop at admissions to let them know.
- All proceeds go back into the maintenance and development of the garden.
- Our Hardy Fuchsias are propagated from plants in the garden (and a few from volunteers mother plants) and are one of our best sellers.
Spring Plant Sale
April 23-24 – 9:00am – 4:00pm
- This is our first big fundraiser of the year, an availability list will be online closer to the sale dates.
- Admission to the gardens is always free during plant sales, so please take the time to walk around and explore.
- Depending on the weather, some plants may not be ready to sell during our spring sale, but not to worry our sale area is always open (during garden hours) so check back often as stock gets added weekly.
- Victoria Master Gardeners, HCP staff, volunteers and PHC students are on site as well to answer your gardening questions and help you choose the right plant for your garden.
- If you don’t see a plant that you are looking for just ask as we may have it in our polyhouses.
- As with all sales, come early for best selection.
- All proceeds go back into the gardens, so thank you for your support!
May 21 – 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Traditionally the long-weekend in May is the time to plant your vegetable garden!
- We sell veggie, herb and edible flower starts.
- Our tomato starts are grown from West Coast Seeds and are started by our students in late February in the polyhouse. They are sold in 4’’ pots where they develop a strong root system.
- Quantities are limited, so come in early for best selection.
Pollinators for the Planet
June 25 – 9:00am – 2:00pm
- This is a new plant sale for us this year, it will be part of our pollinator event (more details to come) we will be growing some new varieties of pollinator friendly plants.
- Pollinator week is June 21-27.
- Have a look in your garden-does it buzz with activity? Plant a diversity of crops-food, flowers, native and non-native plants to provide food and shelter for our bees and other pollinators. Plant them in your garden and on your balcony as a source for both pollen and nectar.
Fall Plant Sale September
September 23 (exclusive to HCP members and volunteers)
September 24-all are welcome
Save the dates! Friday, September 23 for HCP Members and volunteers only. The sale will be open to the public on Saturday, September 24. The sale will be 9:00am – 4:00pm daily.
- Fall is the perfect time for planting, the soil is still warm and the fall rains are on the way!
- All plants are reduced by 25% and the ever popular bargain bin will have plants at a 50% discount(what I refer to as ‘pot bound specials’, plants that just need to get out of the pot to thrive) Victoria Master Gardeners, HCP staff, volunteers and PHC students are on site as well to answer your gardening questions and help you choose the right plant for your garden.
- The plant availability list will be available on the website prior to the sale.
You can view the plant availability list HERE.