We will be an internationally recognized botanical garden and a respected centre of life long learning, conservation and research.
The HCP will achieve its vision by effectively executing its mission of:
- Providing an inspiring natural learning environment in which visitors and students can learn responsible horticulture and conservation practices and the importance of plants to a sustainable world.
- Reaching out to our community and the world with innovative education programs that connect people, especially children, with plants and nature and increase awareness of the importance and fragility of our natural environment.
- Developing, cataloguing and displaying a rich collection of plants that demonstrates the rich heritage of plants that can be grown in our climate and contributes to the protection of biodiversity.
- Demonstrating responsible stewardship of our conservation lands through our sustainable management practices, habitat restoration and education programs.
- Providing high quality, accredited education for horticulture professionals by responding to the needs of the horticulture industry and our students through innovative programs.
- Engaging in research with partners in plant sciences to expand our knowledge of native plants and their importance for biodiversity and sources of food.