The Gardens at HCP is a public garden for learning in Saanich, BC. The Horticulture Centre of the Pacific (HCP) is a not-for-profit society focused on the provision of horticulture education and the development and maintenance of 103 acres of educational gardens and conservation lands. We are currently looking for a post-secondary student to fill our Summer Camp Coordinator position. The successful candidate will work with the Children and Youth Programs Coordinator to assist with the planning of all summer programs, including camps and workshops, as well as help to facilitate where necessary as a member of the School and Youth Programs team.
General Duties to include:
- Collaborate in the development of a creative, hands-on, and interactive outdoor garden camp program
- Support the development of a small team of program delivery staff and volunteers
- Support and facilitate the delivery of the outdoor garden camp programs
- Provide leadership when called upon to facilitate summer programs independently
- Assist in the creation of materials for ongoing program use and reference materials
The successful candidate must:
- Values and practices collaboration for a fun and interactive learning experience
- Have positive experiences working with children and youth
- Be knowledgeable in natural environmental systems, including food production
- Have excellent communication and technological skills
- Provide their own laptop and have dependable transportation
- Complete a Criminal Record Check
- Have a current Emergency First Aid Certificate
This position is a Canada Summer Job funded through Service Canada. Applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- be available for the duration of programming requirements between August 1 – Aug 19, 2022.
Duration: June 27 – August 21, 2022
Wage: $18 per hour
Days: Monday – Friday as required for program delivery and planning
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume with at least three references to Deborah Donahue [email protected] as soon as possible.