Pacific Horticulture College (PHC)
~30 Years of Excellence in Horticulture Education~
The Pacific Horticulture College has been training professional gardeners since 1987. The College is designated by the B.C. Private Training Institutions Branch and recognized by the Industry Training Authority (ITA) of British Columbia as a designated training provider.
The PHC is hiring casual/part-time instructors. Check out the detailed job posting here.
Pacific Horticulture College Mission Statement
The PHC is committed to providing excellence in horticulture training under the umbrella of the Horticulture Centre of the Pacific. The College will enable its students to develop skills to maximize employment opportunities and to encourage sustainable, environmentally responsible stewardship of gardens and green space.
Pacific Horticulture College Purpose
To provide a high quality student program that integrates theoretical studies with the practical training required to start a career in landscape related industries. Graduates will be able to:
• Work successfully in the landscape maintenance field as self-employed gardeners
• Attain employment in nurseries, public gardens, municipal parks and horticulture supply companies
The PHC provides excellence in horticulture training in partnership with the Gardens at HCP. We have a strong focus on maintenance gardening and practical skills development. Our gardens are your classroom – students get plenty of hands-on experience that prepares them for a successful career in the field of horticulture.
We Offer You
• The Horticulture Centre of the Pacific, a 42-hectare site that includes 30 demonstration gardens and a Conservation Park, ideal for practical skills development
• The support and mentorship of the local horticulture community
• A wide range of highly qualified instructors who teach in their areas of expertise
• Small classes in an institution that revolves around horticulture
Students at the PHC come from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. For some it is the first time in post-secondary education; many have a degree in a different field and are looking for a career change. They all share a passion for plants and the outdoors, and a strong desire for hands-on work. Graduates of our program are in demand throughout the horticulture industry including municipal parks departments and gardens; many establish successful small businesses specializing in general maintenance and landscape design.