The HCP has an opening for an Event Coordinator. Is it YOU we are looking for?
The Gardens at HCP is a public garden and place of learning in Saanich. The HCP (Horticulture Centre of the Pacific) is a not-for-profit society focused on the provision of horticulture education and the development and maintenance of 103 acres of educational gardens and conservation lands.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Event Coordinator with our team. The successful candidate will be extremely organized, calm, knowledgeable, resourceful and have a positive attitude. You will be expected to support the ongoing operations of the HCP and contribute to our mission and strategic goals.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for advising the public about our facilities, meeting the client’s needs, as well as the desire to go above and beyond our client’s expectations. Day to day responsibilities would include booking of events, securing contracts, completing set up/take down and finding creative ways to bring events/workshops and conferences into the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling events and weddings.
- Ensuring set up and take down responsibilities are met for events.
- Collecting market data to ensure comparable rental rates.
- Develop and manage event packages/contracts for weddings and executive clients.
- Meeting clients for site visits, and facility viewing.
- Assist at the Front desk as required.
- Work effectively, and cohesively with all team members.
- Keep close communication with GM and all HCP staff.
- Must be physically able to set up/take down tables and chairs.
Why Work with Us?
- Extended health and dental benefits after a 3-month probationary period
- Supportive and inclusive work environment
- Consistent year-round work schedule
- Beautiful garden setting
- Complimentary coffee and tea, plus on-site café available
- Free parking and located near bus routes
- Opportunities for growth
Please submit a current resume and cover letter that clearly demonstrate relevant qualifications to [email protected] as soon as possible. Position will remain open until the right candidate is found. Applicants will only be contacted if selected for an interview.