Weekend Front Office Position
The Gardens at HCP is a public garden for learning in Saanich, BC. The Horticulture Centre of the Pacific (HCP) is a not-for-profit society focused on the provision of horticulture education and the development and maintenance of 103 acres of educational gardens and conservation lands. We are currently hiring for a Weekend Front Office position.
If you are a friendly, organized, multi-tasking team player, we want to meet you! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys people and plants.
General duties include:
- Greet visitors and process garden admissions, plant sales and gift shop purchases
- Process membership purchases and workshop registrations
- Ensure brochures and other printed materials are well-stocked
- Answer phone and email inquiries or relay to appropriate departments
- Assist other departments as needed, generally with administrative tasks or preparing workshop spaces
The ideal candidate:
- Has customer service and retail experience
- Is comfortable working with Microsoft Office suite and Google suite
- Is available Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and stat holidays between 8:30am-4:30pm
Plant/gardening knowledge and experience with not-for-profit organizations are definite assets. This new member of the HCP team will be a keyholder, covering the front office on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and stat holidays. The successful candidate will report to the General Manager.
Start date and training to begin as soon as possible. Wage is $15.50/hour.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to General Manager Deborah Donahue at [email protected] The position will remain open until the right person finds us! We sincerely thank all applicants, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.