Guided tours are given by Master Gardeners who constantly participate in ongoing education sessions and volunteer throughout the community sharing gardening knowledge. Tours take approximately 1 hour through the Gardens at HCP’s 9-acre demonstration garden. Your tour guide will:
- give an overview of the history of the HCP, Viaduct Lake and Conservation Area, and Victoria’s climatic zone.
- show guests what plants are in bloom when they visit.
- lead guests to some of the most interesting native and non-native plants.
- answer questions, name plants, and give best cultural practices including Pest Management.
- advise guests which plants are less susceptible to deer.
- advise guests about popular events including Hellebore Sunday, Spring and Fall Plant Sales and the Art & Music in the Gardens festival.
- highlight the Zen Garden, Tea House, Rock Wall Building, Raised Bed gardening, and Bonsai Garden.
- describe the Pacific Horticulture College and how Landscape Horticulture technicians and Master gardeners are trained.
We recommend giving your group a bit of extra time to visit our charming gift shop, have a bite to eat at Charlotte and the Quail, or wander the gardens on their own.
The cost is $25 per tour guide (maximum of 10 visitors per guide) and must be scheduled in advance. Visitors on the tour pay a discounted admission rate of $6 (regular admission is $12/adult and $9 for senior/student). Please note that our paths are graveled and have varying inclines and widths. Some paths are accessible by wheelchair or walker, however you may want to consult with us to determine suitability.
If you are interested in booking please contact us using the form below.