The cost of the 2022 Foundation program is approximately $6,230.00* (not including the application fee), with additional costs for textbooks and personal work gear, as outlined below.
The fees are paid in three installments:
• $400.00 upon enrollment
• $3,400.00 at the program start
• $2,390.00 due mid-June
This includes all registration fees, tuition, required course materials (including a drafting kit for Landscape Design and the Level 1 and 2 Apprentice Manuals), and incidentals (college t-shirts, printing/photocopying, coffee/tea, etc.). There are no additional costs for parking or field trips.
Students are responsible for the purchase of five required textbooks prior to the program start date (approximately $150.00 total). A list of required textbooks will be provided upon acceptance into the program. Students are also responsible for the purchase of hand tools, protective clothing and safety gear including CSA-approved steel toed boots, secateurs, rain gear, and gloves. The cost of these items will be approximately $250.00 to $300.00. Information on tools and gear needed, as well as available student discounts, will be provided in the first week of the program.
Note – Students are eligible to apply for StudentAidBC funding.
*Fees are subject to change. Please check with PHC for current fees.
How to apply:
Applicants to the Landscape Horticulture Certificate Program are encouraged to attend a PHC Information Session, or to come and visit the Gardens and speak to a College representative before applying. Please contact the college office to make an appointment if you would like to come out for a visit.
The application deadline for the 2022 program is November 1, 2021.
*Please note: PHC is unable to accept international students at this time*
Applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
• Grade 11 English and Math completed with a minimum grade of C, OR minimum 70% grade on the English and/or Math assessment test(s), OR completion of post-secondary English and Math
• Minimum 19 years of age or signed parental consent
• Good health and physical fitness
• Submit a complete application package (see below)
• Attend a personal interview
* Please note that an English assessment test may be required of those students for whom English is not a first language.
Pacific Horticulture College Application Package Requirements:
Applicants are required to complete and submit the following:
• Application for Admission Form
• Official hardcopy of high school or post-secondary transcripts
• A letter stating your career objectives and your expectations upon graduation
• A current résumé
• Two letters of reference, at least one of which must be from a previous employer or supervisor – signed and with contact information
• A $40.00 non-refundable application fee
Any incomplete application forms or documentation will not be considered.
The application package can be submitted by email, mail, or in-person. The official transcript must be a hardcopy.
Once everything is received you will be invited to an interview either in person or over the telephone/video call. Successful applicants will be selected based on both the application package and the outcome of the interview.
If you are accepted into the program you will be required to sign an enrollment contract.
Your space in the program will be confirmed when:
• A completed and signed contract is returned
• A $130.00 registration fee is paid
• A tuition payment of $270.00 is received
For any questions regarding the application process or package, please contact PHC at [email protected]