HCP COMMUNITY EDUCATION – COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY
In order to best protect the safety of everyone at HCP and adhere to provincial public health guidelines, we require that all community education participants and instructors follow the safety policies identified below for all on-site and off-site class related activities. Please respect individual decisions and precautions regarding COVID-19 and discuss any concerns with the community education coordinator – [email protected]
Participants must not join under the following circumstances: if they are feeling or showing any symptoms of COVID-19, have been in direct contact with anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 or has been directed by Public Health to self-isolate. Please call us if you need to miss a class due to any of these reasons – 250 479 6162.
- Masks will be required indoors depending on provincial health regulations. Please visit the health BC website to review the latest health orders – HERE
- Face masks are required when you are not able to maintain physical distancing for outdoor classes.
- Proof of vaccination will be required for all indoor classes starting September 13, as per the latest BC Health Order.
- The room/outdoor space assigned for the class has been set up to accommodate physical distancing regulations. Please do not rearrange the furniture.
- Maintain a minimum 6-foot (2 metre) distance from other individuals at all times, both outdoors (e.g. in the gardens and at off-site projects or field trips) and in various indoor spaces (e.g. classroom, office space). Please yield for others at doorways, entryways, and on garden paths.
- Use the hand sanitizer available on site along with regular hand-washing. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance to the Gardens and in the class location.
- Please practice good respiratory hygiene by covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow.
- Please discuss any safety concerns with your instructor and/or staff. Report any unsafe activities or conditions.
- Violations of the policies described above will be handled accordingly and participants may be asked to leave the class if they are placing others at risk with their behavior.
Be kind, be calm and be safe! – Dr. Bonnie Henry
Cancelled Community Education Workshops and Classes (this includes Youth Programs):
If your class was cancelled due to COVID-19, participants have the following options:
- Receive an immediate refund by calling 250 479 6162. If nobody is available to take your call, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- Stay registered until we are able to set a new date for the class. If the new date does not work for you, you will still be entitled to a full refund. We will contact you when we are able to reschedule classes.
- Consider donating your fees to HCP if your class is not rescheduled due to seasonal considerations etc. We are a not for profit organization and your fees will go a long way in supporting our Community Education programs.