All Community Education classes have been suspended. The health and safety of our participants and instructors is our primary concern. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause.
We encourage you to get out into your own Gardens and we look forward to seeing you back in the classroom when things are more stable.
For now, our policies are detailed below with regards to rescheduling/refunds etc.
Community Education Workshops and Classes (this includes Youth Programs):
These classes will be rescheduled as much as possible when the Gardens re-open. In the meanwhile, participants have the following options:
- Receive an immediate refund by calling 250 479 6162. If nobody is available to take your call, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- Stay registered until we are able to set a new date for the class. If the new date does not work for you, you will still be entitled to a full refund. We will contact you when we are able to reschedule classes.
- Consider donating your fees to HCP if your class is not rescheduled due to seasonal considerations etc. We are a not for profit organization and your fees will go a long way in supporting our Community Education programs.
The Master Gardener Program:
Due to seasonal restrictions and scheduling, we are not able to continue the program for 2020. This has been a challenging decision to make and please rest assured that all other options were considered first. Your options are listed below:
- Receive an immediate refund of the remaining portion of your class fees ($328) by calling 250 479 6162. If nobody is available to take your call, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- Consider donating your fees to HCP. We are a not for profit organization and your fees will go a long way in supporting our Community Education programs.
Note: Due to restrictions on class size, we are not able to have participants join next year’s class part way through.
We will be offering 2020 participants a discounted rate for those wanting to re-take the program next year. At this time, we are not able to give you a specific amount, but we will be in touch when this is possible. The 2020 Master Gardener Class will be given advanced registration for 2021 to ensure their space in the class.
The Year Round Harvest Program:
The program will continue in a limited format. Linda will continue to support participants with online slideshows and handouts until in person classes can resume.
Participants are encouraged to continue with the program. As a not-for-profit organization, your fees will support us through the challenges our programming faces in this crisis.
However if you are unwilling or unable to continue, please contact the Community Education coordinator via email to discuss options – [email protected]