Guided tours are given by Master Gardeners who constantly participate in ongoing education sessions and volunteer throughout the community sharing gardening knowledge. Tours take approximately 1 hour through the Gardens at HCP’s 9 acre demonstration garden. Your tour guide will:
- give an overview of the history of HCP, Viaduct Lake and Conservation Area and Victoria’s climatic zone.
- show guests what plants are in bloom when they visit.
- lead guests to some of the most interesting native and non-native plants.
- answer questions, name plants and give best cultural practices including Pest Management.
- advise guests which plants are less susceptible to deer.
- advise guests about popular events including Hellebore Sunday, Spring and Fall Plant Sales and the Art & Music in the Gardens festival.
- discuss: Zen Garden, Tea House, Rock Wall Building, Raised Bed gardening, Bonsai Garden.
- describe the Pacific Horticulture College and how Landscape Horticulture technicians and Master gardeners are trained.
We recommend giving your group a bit of extra time to visit our charming gift shop, have a bite to eat at Charlotte and the Quail, or wander the gardens on their own.
If you are interested in booking please contact us using the from below.