The cost of the 2018 Foundation program is approximately $5,160.00, plus $700.00 for books and course materials.*
It is paid in three installments:
• $400.00 upon enrollment
• $3,150.00 at the program start
• $2,290.00 due mid- June
This includes all application and registration fees, tuition and textbooks, a drafting kit for Design, and incidentals (printing, photocopying, coffee, tea, etc.). There are no additional costs for parking or field trips.
Students are responsible for the purchase of hand tools, protective clothing and safety gear including steel toed boots, secateurs, raingear and gloves. The cost will be approximately $250.00 to $300.00. Information on tools and gear needed, as well as available discounts will be provided in the first week of the program.
Note – Students are eligible to apply for StudentAidBC funding.
*Fees are subject to change. Please check with PHC for current fees.
How to apply:
Applicants to the Landscape Horticulture Certificate Program are encouraged to attend one of our info sessions, or to come and visit the Gardens and speak to a College representative before applying. Please contact the college office to make an appointment if you would like to come out for a visit.
Applicants have to meet the following admission requirements:
• Grade 11: English and Math completed with a C or better, or passed an English and/or Math Assessment, or completion of a post-secondary credential
• Minimum of 19 years of age
• Good health and physical fitness
• Submit a complete application package (see below)
• Attend a personal interview
Please note that an English assessment test may be required of those students for whom English is not a first language.
To apply for the program applicants are required to complete and submit the following:
• Application for Admission
• Official high school or post-secondary transcripts
• A short letter stating your career objectives and your expectations upon graduation
• A current résumé
• Two letters of reference, at least one of which must be from a previous employer or supervisor – signed and with contact information
• A $20.00 non-refundable application fee
Any incomplete application forms/documentation will not be considered.
Once everything is received you will be invited to an interview either in person or over the telephone/Skype. Successful applicants will be selected based on both the application package and the outcome of the interview.
If you are accepted into the program you will be required to sign an enrollment contract.
Your space in the program will be assured when:
• A completed and signed contract is returned
• A $130.00 registration fee is paid
• A tuition payment of $270.00 is received